The Definition of Safeguarding (Keeping Children Safe in Education - Sept 2021)
• protecting children from maltreatment;
• preventing the impairment of children’s mental and physical health or
• ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of
safe and effective care; and
• taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AT TANY’S DELL PRIMARY SCHOOL AND NURSERY
At Tany’s Dell Primary School and Nursery we take our duty of care to safeguard pupils extremely seriously. We have a number of policies and practices to ensure every child is as safe as can be and protected from potential harm.
Our policies include:
- TMAT Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Child Protection Policy during School Closure
- COVID-19: TMAT Addendum to Safeguarding Policy
We use the following guidance to assist us:
- Effective Support for Children and Families in Essex
Useful guidance for parents can be found on the NSPCC Website.
TANY’S DELL – PUTTING CHILDREN FIRST